Thursday, May 28, 2009

Live-Blogging Federer vs. Acasuso

What a match (so far). Fed just took the first set 7-6, after eeking by Acasuso in a tight tiebreak.

Meanwhile, Venus and Safarova are battling it out point for point--it's currently 5-5 in the third and final set--and Del Potro is cruising past Troicki 5-3.

ETA: Venus wins, and Federer v Acasuso heads toward another tie break. Possibly. It's 6-5 with Acasuso serving for the set, but Roger isn't going own easy--they're at deuce. Nope, scratch that. Federer's got the advantage. I'm betting on a tiebreak.

Scratch that. Acasuso holds serve and takes the second set 7-5.

Meanwhile over on court 7, Del Potro is serving for the second set.

Del Potro wins the second 7-5 and Acasuso breaks Federer's serve to begin their third set. :(

*Wails, moans, gnashes teeth* No, Fed, no--Acasuso's up 2-0 and on the verge of breaking Federer's serve. And, he does it, making the score 3-0. :(

With that, I'm out. It's 9 AM Eastern, which means it's time for me to get to work. I may be a freelancer and in charge of my own hours, but I like to keep to a schedule.

I'll sign off with:

C'mon, Fed! You can't go down now--you can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment