Saturday, May 16, 2009

Nadal vs. Djokovic in the Semi-Finals at Madrid

And the match is ready to start. Once again it's Rafa Nadal vs Novak Djokovic. Thankfully not in the finals this time, though. Give Fed a chance, will you Nole?

I considered live-blogging the match, but since my blog is brand new and nobody is reading it yet, what would be the point? It might entertain me, but it probably wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to someone reading it four hours from now. So I'll just post a wrap-up once the match is over. As my non-existent readership waits with baited breath.

For the first time in a long while, I'm really excited about the semis of an open. I love three of the four competitors (Nadal, Federer and Del Potro) and love to hate the fourth (Nole, obviously). So it's good times.

Rafa has the edge here, obviously, but his play has been a bit sloppy lately. He's hitting the net more than I've ever seen him and firing shots wide that he could have made in his sleep last year. Nole definitely has a chance--he's playing pretty well, but it's hard to say if it's good enough. Fed and Nadal are both a little off their games, but Djokovic hasn't really been matched up against anyone who could challenge him, not in Madrid anyway. It'll be interesting to see how he plays today.

No comments:

Post a Comment