Thursday, June 4, 2009

Safina v Cibulkova, 1st Women's Semifinal

Oops. Overslept this morning. Had just enough time to flip on my TV and see Cibulkova breaks Safina's serve to open the match. No problem, though; we all know one lost serve means nothing when it comes to someone as tenacious as Dinara. Sure enough, she soon breaks back and races to a 5-2 lead. Unless Cibulkova steps it up a notch, Safina's going to slam through her as easily as she did her first few opponents.

So...for the final, it looks (to me) like we're looking at another Kuznetsova v. Safina blockbuster. Kuznetsova is playing some amazing tennis; Safina beat her the last time they played, but can she do it again?

I think so. I may be blinded by my Safina fangirlness, but it looks to me like she's going to get her first slam here, and shut all of her critics (*coughSerenacough*) up.

No comments:

Post a Comment